Sport, parties, shopping, music… following on from the winter months, Ibiza awakens to an unending list of events suiting all tastes. Here we give a few suggestions on how to enjoy Ibiza in April.
- TOUR DE IBIZA ON MOUNTAIN BIKE XV: 3-5 April: Three stages per pair in the Olympic Cross Country styled race, with more than €6,000 in prizes to be won. More info here.
- HIKING AND BIKE TOUR ROUTES: You mean, you haven’t heard yet? The Ibizan Sport Ministry organises various hiking and bike tour rotes until the month of May. If you like cycling and climbing, don’t miss this opportunity to discover some of the lesser known spots in Ibiza. More info here.
- SUP MAGIC XTREME RING OF IBIZA: 29 April-3 May: If you consider yourself a genuine paddle boarding pro you cannot miss this event. If you haven’t become hooked to this much loved sport, you can take part as a spectator at any 1 of the 5 stages… you’ll definitely end up wanting to give it a try. Get all your info at the following link.
- FULL METL CRUISE LANDS: Metal fans have a date this 14th of April on board the Full Metal Cruise, a cruise ship which will be stopping over in Dalt Vila (after passing through Barcelona and Mallorca) to shake up Ibizan metal fans. Get all your info here.
- FLAMECO-PAYÉS CONCERT: This coming 30th of April, Ibiza will celebrate its first ever singer-songwriter festival, a date in your diary where you’ll find artists such as Pol, Pez Mago, Lichis or Angel Stanich, The party will kick off in “El San Regio” (San Antoni) and will continue later in Ibiza Rock House at Pikes Hotel. More info here.
- SAN JOSEP TOWN FESTIVAL: Until the 12th of April, San Josep is Partying Hard! This locality shows us each year that it takes paying homage to its patron saint very seriously. Check out the festival’s schedule at the following link.
- SOLOMUN PREOPENING PARTY: On the 25th of April Pacha launches its summer programme with Solomun, Get all the info here.
- BEACH CLUBS AND BARS: Finally the modern beach clubs and bars that we all know and love are open once again, its time to take out your summer clothes and enjoy the first rays of sunlight surrounded by good music and good friends.
- PUNTA ARABÍ HIPPY MARKET: The best hippy market going returns to t island, with more than 400 stalls. Every Wednesday from April onwards (open from 10am to 6 pm)
- PINTXA SAN ANTONI: On the 2nd of April the San Antoni Pinxta Festival will celebrate its last day.
- GASTRO THURSDAYS: Every Thursday until the 30th of April, the restaurants of Santa Eulalia launch their Gastrojueves, an offer which sees participating restaurants offer fixed menus at half price (except on Holy Thursday, the feast day of St Joseph). Also on Gastro Jueves you can enjoy free parking from 8pm to 12am and, and half price entry to cinema screenings in Teatro Espana, until the 30th of May if you offer a receipt from the restaurant. Get more info here.
- SPRING GASTRO SEASON: More than 50 restaurants on the island, from the 20th of April till the third of May, Participate in in the great Ibizan food festival. This original recipe competition pays homage to the local produce and Ibizan flavours, and for a great price. €25 for a 3 course meal, or €5 for a tapa with a glass of beer or local wine included.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES AND OTHER OPTIONS
- THE FIRST CHAPUZÓN: On top of all those fantastic plans, we suggest going for the first swim of the season, if you haven’t done so already. April is a perfect month for it, Make the most of the first rays of summer sun and the deserted coves spread out throughout the island!
- LANGUAGE EXCHANGE: If you want to brush up on your language skills, mark the 18th of April in the diary. Abla Ibiza, the best language exchange community on the island will celebrate its next event. Stay glued to the site as we’ll be publishing more on this soon.
- THE TERRACING BEGINS: The days get longer, and the heat starts to come back. April is the month when the majority of Bars start to set up their terraces. What are you waiting for? Get your friends together and hit the terrace!!
- DON’T FORGET TO DANCE IN THE RAIN: “’En Abril Aguas Mil’ roughly meaning April brings the rain… but the rain shouldn’t cause any great pronems as you try to enjoy the longer days of April. Check out this post to get the most out of rainy days in Ibiza.
Original text by: Alba García