If you live and work in Ibiza, whether it is for a short season or if you are planning to stay long term, you should get your health card as soon as possible. It will give you access to free health care in the health centers of the Balearic Islands. You never know when you may need it.
1Where can I get my health card in Ibiza?
You can get it at any of the health centers in Ibiza, although you must obtain it in the one that is closest to where you live.
Hours to obtain the health card (at Ibiza health centers):
From Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 13.30 and from 16.00 to 20.00.
2What requirements do I need to obtain the health card? You should be registered in the pertaining Municipality. Documents needed:
– DNI / NIE / Passport and residence authorization.
– Recent photo in color of 26 x 32 mm (with the same features as the one on the DNI)
– If you hold a health card from another autonomous community, you should also present it.
– Social Security affiliation number.
– Minors: document P1 (you can obtain it at the Social Security Office located at Avinguda d’Espanya, 57, bajos) and the family book (libro de familia).
– If you need to get the health card for someone else: you need to present an authorization with the name, surname and DNI/NIE number. It should be signed by the requesting person and the authorized person. Health centers have a generic model of authorization, but they admit other formats.
– The validity of the new health card is for years. Once it has expired you should ask for a renovation.
– Approximate price: free of charge.
More information: https://www.ibsalut.es/ibsalut/es/ciudadania/tarjeta-sanitaria