Hello everyone! I’m going to give you a brief illustrated guide to booking your appointment with the INEM, SEPE, and SOIB here in Ibiza. This will help you avoid long boring queues, making two trips instead of one, but above all stop you from wasting your precious time.
The first thing you must know before booking your appointment with INEM, SOIB and SEPE is the meaning of each of the acronyms:
INEM: National Institute of Employment.
SOIB: Occupational Services of the Balearic Islands
SEPE: Public State Employment Service
APPOINTMENTS at the SOIB
The first thing you’ll have to do is register yourself as a job seekers in the SOIB. Below are five illustrations which give a step by step on how to book your appointment.
- Enter the official website of SOIB www.soib.es
- This page is where you select what type of appointment you’re looking to make (demand, group training or orientation), and to which office on the Balearic Islands you wish to apply. Choose: Demand, Ibiza and Ibiza; as shown in the photo.
- Then you must fill in your personal details and press continue to confirm your appointment at the SOIB.
- And you’re done! On screen you will see the date and time of the next available appointment. If these details suit, click continue and… presto! You’ve just booked your appointment at the SOIB.
APPOINTMENTS at the SEPE
Once you’ve successfully registered as a jobseeker, the next step is to apply for unemployment benefit (Paro). To do so, you must make your appointment at the SEPE. This can be done in five simple steps.
- Enter the official website of the SEPE https://www.sepe.es
- Click on the link below marked with a red arrow to begin the booking process. at the SEPE.
- In this step you are asked for the postal code of your local SEPE office (in this case is Ibiza it’s 07800) plus your DNI, NIF or NIE. There are several services bookable. To request the appointment in the SEPE, you have to select “Solicitudes de prestaciones contributivas, subsidios y PREPARA” (Applications for contributory benefits, subsidies and PREPARE) as shown in the image. Finally you will have to enter in a randomly generated code, and once entered click “accept”.
- As this image shows, the system selects the Eivissa benefits office and asks you to fill in your details (first and last name). When you’ve added your details click “Accept”, and you’re almost at the end of the application process, cheer up!!
- Congratulations! On this screen we see the suggested appointment details. If you are happy with the timings you need only confirm the SEPE appointment details.
Important things you have to consider when requesting your INEM SEPE and SOIB appointments.
- You cannot apply for employment benefit until you register as a Jobseeker at the SOIB.
- First request an appointment at the SOIB.
- Then request an appointment at the SEPE.
- Assure that the appointment in the SOIB is before your appointment with the SEPE.
- Normally getting an appointment with the SEPE takes longer than with the SOIB (keep trying until you get a time and date that suits you best) if you get an appointment on the same day you’ll only you have to go to the office once.
- Be early when you go to your appointment at the INEM, SEPE and SOIB, it is better to have to wait a little bit longer to be seen than to arrive late and lose the appointment altogether.
- When you get to the offices, as you enter, on your left hand side you’ll see a document listing all of the day’s appointments by personal document number (DNI, NIE or NIF. Look for your name and number and check how much longer you have to wait.
I hope you’ve found this guide to booking your INEM SEPE and SOIB appointments useful. Do not hesitate to visit the complete list of companies that have contacted Ayudaenibiza, offering work on the island here, or go to the Ibiza forum where you’ll find daily updates of job offerings on the White Isle.
SEPE y SOIB office address at Ibiza
SEPE y SOIB OFFICE ADDRESS AT San Antonio
Good luck to everybody!!
Original text by: Hugo García